Do you have to fill out a Declaration on form MC-030?

Asked over 3 years ago - Redlands, CA

I'm trying to make a response declaration. Do I have to do it on the dowloadable MC-030 or MC-031 pdf documents? Can I attach it to one of those documents and just put something like "see attached?" The formatting for those pdf documents is terrible. It's a pain to double space and I can't bold any of my main points.

This is a family law matter.

1. Donald Frederick Conviser

1

Best Answer

Answered . You can attach a legible attachment to your Responsive Declaration to Order to Show Cause or Notice of Motion, but make sure that it is legible, and you are best off not bolding any points - the courts are generally offended with bolded text, other than short headings that precede sections of your declaration to give a brief idea of the subject matter of the following paragraphs. Be careful to ensure that your Declaration is dated and signed - a good way to do that is to date and sign the Responsive Declaration form, check the box indicating that there is an attachment, and at the end of the attachment, state something to the effect that the signature and date for this declaration are contained in the Responsive Declaration to which it is attached. If the issue addressed in the OSC or Motion or your Responsive Declaration is a significant issue, you should at least consult with an experienced Family Law Attorney, but you would be better off retaining an experienced Family Law Attorney.

2. Donald Frederick Conviser