Skip to main content

Do you have to file divorce in the same state and/or county which you married in?

San Antonio, TX |
Filed under: Divorce

I was married in Arizona but i now reside in Texas.

Attorney Answers 2


No. If you meet the domicile and residency requirements you can file your divorce in Texas. The domicile requirements are have been a domiciliary of Texas for the preceding 6 months and a resident of the county in which the suit is filed for at least 90 days.

Mark as helpful


No. You can file in Texas.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics