Do you have to attend court in the same jurisprudence area you are cited at?

Asked about 1 year ago - Pomona, CA

I was cited for failure to stop to an emergency vehicle, failure to obey traffic sign, and running red light by one of those dark black detective cars who actually thought I stole the car so he kept following me until he decided to stop me and gave me those citations. That happened in Pomona, CA but he is from a different town and so citation states that I have to appear in court at West Covina. My question is: is there a law or rule that bans this making this a citation error? Or it doesn't matter where I am cited, and the cop can dictate where I have to go to court? Thank you!

1. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

3

Answered . West Covina now handles all of Pomona tickets. Get an attorney for this matter. These are serious violations.

Andrew Roberts
    (818) 597-0633

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777
  2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . Pomona and West Covina are in the same judicial district in Los Angeles County.

3. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

1

Answered . From my experience, if I were in your situation, then I would prefer West Covina judges over Pomona judges. As answered by others, it is the same jurisdiction. Good luck.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
    for Fairness / for Your Freedom
    (800) 409-7010

4. Jason Robert Miller

Answered . Unless you ask to be assigned to the county seat when cited you must respond to the court identified on your ticket. I suggest hitig a traffic ticket attorney to help deal with these tickets. 856-349-2849 is our toll free line.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now