Do you have the right to call your county to ask if you have a warrant and do they have to tell you are not?

Asked over 1 year ago - Corpus Christi, TX

My friend is dealing with her ex having kidnapped her kids now every time she goes to file custodial kidnapping they arrest her she has joint custody and is the primary but has not gotten to see her kids in 6 months unfortunately he has friends in the police department so that is why they keep arresting her please help what should she do she is a great mom .

call after 5 please.

1. Brian Heath Crockett

Pro

1

Answered . Your friend needs a lawyer.

2. Lindsay M. Browne

Pro

1

Answered . You can call the warrant number at the courthouse anytime. You can also call any bail bond company and have them search her name for outstanding warrants.
    If shes tr primary parent and hes taking the child, why isnt she filing an enforcement for contempt? I practice family law so have her contact me and i can go over her current court order and her options on how to proceed.

3. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . Your friend needs to be dealing, in person, with a lawyer there.

You have a right to ask if there is a warrant, and they do not have to tell you or tell you the truth.