Do we qualify for I-601A provisional waiver on March 4, 2013 if we already have a visa interview in Juarez on January 24, 2013?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I-130
US Citizen petition for illegal immirant since 1999

1. Veronica Tunitsky

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . If department of state (Nvc) acted to schedule the visa appointment before January 3 then no. The rules did provide that a person can start over with a new I-130 (as long as dos agrees to close the file) and may be eligible to partake in the provisional waiver.

The best thing you can do is to consult with an attorney in person to evaluate your case to make sure you would otherwise be eligible for the provisional waiver and other details. I do not believe you can file the I-601 with the consultate if uou choose to go abroad; the normal waiver application is to be filed with the lockbox.

Please read my article here: http://tunitskylaw.com/uploads/Provisional_Unla....

2. Rehim Babaoglu

Answered . No. Have the person deliver the I-601 and attached affidavits and exhibits, personally with the filing fee at the interview.

3. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Pro

Answered . No, because your interview would have occurred well before the provisional waiver process takes effect. Your 601 will be adjudicated under the existing waiver process.