Do we need to include Personal Statement (affidavit) with our i-130?

San Francisco, CA |

I entered the US on B2 visa, after 2 months I met my husband through a dating website. We lived together for 8 months before we got married. Before our marriage, I applied for Asylum which was denied based on some inconsistencies in my interview ( translator mistakes and my poor english) Our marriage took place a weeks ago while my TPS application pending. we are concurrently filing I-130&i-485.
We include proof of our relationship and cohabitant before and after our marriage such as texts, telehone logs, messages, photos. We just got to open a joint bank account . That's about it in such a short time I dont want RFE to delay things. Do you suggest that also we each include affidavit or to wait to show more proofs such as joint tax return, joint lease and etc at our interview.

Provide whatever evidence you have now and present updated evidence at the interview. If you were denied asylum on credibility grounds you may want to consult with an attorney before filing for adjustment as the relief is discretionary and could be impacted by prior findings in the asylum case.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

You have a somewhat complicated immigration history. I would strongly suggest you consult with an immigration lawyer before submitting your application, as some of these facts could cause problems for your case. A lawyer would know the best way to address them.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.

I agree with my colleagues.

If you do not wish to delay the processing, it is best you consult with an experienced immigration attorney to guide you.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics