Do we need lawyer to finish divorce case it's been going back and forth for a year. Scheduled case manage conference jan. what h

Lakeland, FL |

What happens after case management ? Why does a divorce go to trial? No assets boyfriend only wants out. Will pay child support but does not want time sharing with kids. Why dragging out.

I'm not a divorce attorney, but since it appears you're asking a question about procedure, maybe I can provide some insight.

Case Management in Florida typically lays out deadlines for the parties to accomplish certain tasks. Case Management is a mandatory court appearance -- all parties (or their attorneys) must attend. Some circuits have judges oversee them, while other circuits have an administrator oversee the deadlines. Essentially, you appear at the case management and set deadlines for certain things to be done. Keep in mind that a "trial" can simply consist of an evidence-based hearing in front of a judge (also known as a "bench trial").

Because you have a child custody issue, a Family Court judge will oversee the resolution of the dispute. You should hire an attorney to see things through. You can also go through your Circuit Court's family court mediation, where an agreement can be hammered out on all the tough issues.

I recommend your hire a family lawyer who knows custody issues to oversee your problems.

DISCLAIMER: We do not have an attorney-client relationship. Only those persons who have a signed written fee agreement and authority to represent with me is an actual client. This response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than my educated opinion or viewpoint. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that this information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice from an attorney in your area.