Do we have to register our pontoon boat if it is stored on land?

Grayling, MI |

We are working on the pontoon and it is kept on our property but officials said it needs to be registered.

You are required to register your ownership within 15 days of purchase. You should following the instructions on the Michigan Secretary of State website.

You haven't identified the other parties involved in this question so I cannot determine whether I may have a conflict in this matter. Should it turn out that I have an attorney-client relationship with any of the other parties, my response to this question will not prevent me from continuing to represent an existing client.

2. The officials consider it a potential watercraft, you need to register it you get into your name. I would need additional details to give more specific advice.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .