Do we have a case?

Victorville, CA |
Filed under: Medical malpractice

Thursday 7/25/13 around 8:00pm I was having a Conversation with my husband david who is currently in the county jail fighting a case as I was talking to him he asked me to hold on I said ok during my 2minutes time on hold I heard david call out his last two numbers of his booking number which is 71 the nurse there gave him some haridol and some other medication when I asked david what was the medication they nurse gave him? He said haridol ,and some pain medication I said well if u taking haridol they suppose to give u cogentin as well as soon as I said that he started talkn funny he had a bad allergic reaction his tongue swoll Up hismouth&facetwisted all the way to one side and he fell on the floor I heard everything that was going on his cellmaate grabbed the phone and I sa

This was posted under Ch13 bankruptcy which is definitely not the correct area of law. Not sure if med mal is the correct area, but it is closer. If they knew he was allergic to the medication given or to similar meds, then I'd say you may well have a case. If not, it will be more difficult to establish they were negligent in some way.

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended as a general discussion of legal issues and not as a statement of fact, legal advice or a legal opinion. No attorney-client relationship is created by this message. Do not act or rely upon law-related information in this communication without seeking the advice of an attorney licensed to practice in the relevant area. I am a Federally Designated Debt Relief Agency under the United States Bankruptcy Code. I proudly help people in financial need file bankruptcy cases. IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (or in any attachment) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed in this communication (or in any attachment).

Thank you so much sir.

A med mal case requires that a medical care provider review the file and make a determination that the potential defendant violated the standard of care. You will also , rather your husband, will need to file a claim against the sheriff and the county.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Consult with a civil rights/medical malpractice attorney ASAP.

Have a local civil rights lawyer in your city investigate if he sustained serious injury