Do u need to do a depoistion to settled case

Jackson, MS |

Personal injury

1. No, but this is a question for your attorney. If you do not have an attorney, GET ONE NOW. If you haven't compromised the value of your claim already, an experienced personal injury attorney can maximize your chance of a fair recovery and minimize your chance of being screwed.

2. Practically, if the case is filed, yes. It is NOT required as a matter of law.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by providing feedback that the answer was either "helpful" or "best answer" as appropriate. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question.

3. Consult a local attorney if you do not have one already - not enough facts to answer your question.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

4. Depending on the size of the case, liability, facts, damages, many times depositions are necessary unless the claims are minor or other circumstances

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.

5. Don't play lawyer, retain one. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a lawyer close to your home.