Do traffic tickets need to be reported on the Naturalization N-400 Application for US Citizenship?

Asked about 2 years ago - Santa Barbara, CA

These were minor traffic infractions and the tickets did not exceed $300 in fines. A total of two (2) traffic tickets have been received in my lifetime since becoming a Permanent Resident.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes although they will not affect your ability to naturalize.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Christian Schmidt

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . You should report them on your N-400 and make sure you paid the tickets.

  3. Ala M. Hamayel

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US citizenship

In order to become US citizens and enjoy the benefits that citizenship grants, immigrants must go through the naturalization process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,614 answers this week

3,362 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,614 answers this week

3,362 attorneys answering