Do traffic tickets need to be reported on the Naturalization N-400 Application for US Citizenship?

Santa Barbara, CA |

These were minor traffic infractions and the tickets did not exceed $300 in fines. A total of two (2) traffic tickets have been received in my lifetime since becoming a Permanent Resident.

Yes although they will not affect your ability to naturalize.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

You should report them on your N-400 and make sure you paid the tickets.

I agree with my colleagues.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets