Do traffic ticket attorneys handle cases if you went through a red light and a photo was taken?

Boca Raton, FL |

Or not?

1. Yes, they do. A photo-ticket for red light is a traffic offense.

I hope you found this response to be of assistance. This response shall not be considered the rendering of legal advise but instead a general response to a general question. While Avvo is a wonderful resource, nothing can be a substitute for an in-depth consultation with an attorney in the jurisdiction in which the law is to be applied. This response shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship, nor shall it create an obligation on the part of the attorney to respond to further inquiry from the questioner.

2. Some do, some don't. I handle many tickets in the Tampa Bay area and I generally will not handle these tickets. Contact a traffic attorney that is located in Boca Raton and see if they are having any luck getting these dismissed - but be aware that the fine increases significantly if you decide to challenge the citation or fail to pay the "notice of violation" (the one with pictures on it) within 30 days.

Avvo.com answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at www.drivenlegal.com.

3. It depends on the attorney. I've had success in dismissing some of these tickets in Miami-Dade County but only after a careful review of the video. Not all cases are worth taking to court, and I let my clients know that!