Do they take I-94 at the green card based marriage interview or they keep it? what does it mean

Joliet, IL |

Our interview was like 2 weeks ago and i Just noticed that i still have the i-94 in my passport! I asked a few friends who have been through this and they told that their i-94 was taken ! pleas what does it mean when they keep or take it ? some people say if they take means you are approved if not then you are not and you will be denied ..is that so ?

1. Yes and that means nothing. It is the procedure.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. I have not noticed any connection between whether they take the I-94 and approve or deny the petition. I think it may just depend on the adjudicator. Good luck!

www.azitalaw.com - 312.641.0771 - The information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship between us. It is intended simply as background material, is current only as of its indicated date, and may not include important details and special rules that could be applicable to your case. You should consult an attorney directly before acting or refraining from action.

3. No, the I-94 has nothing to do with it. It's more important how the interview went and what was in your file.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

4. You making a cardinal mistake: instead of "asking a few friends" you should always rely on a professional competent licensed immigration attorney who will ensure that your adjustment completes correctly. You need to do it only once, but properly.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

5. Yes, they often take it and it does not mean you are approved or denied.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Marriage and prenups topics