Do they drug test on House Arrest if marijuana charges were dropped? Or before you get off?

Perkasie, PA |

I am currently on house arrest in PA for DWI (90 days, have 28 days left). I never got urine tested at all until my power went out for a few days so they brought me into Corrections and gave me a breathalizer and urine test. Somehow I passed, even though I know I wasn't clean of marijuana. This makes me wonder if they even tested for marijuana, or just alcohol? It looked like it was immediate read cup. I am also wondering if they will drug test me randomly before I'm off or test me in order to get off. My PO is very laid back, and I haven't had any problems other than that incident. I plan on laying off until I'm done, but just want some answers. Thanks

1. Being unable to accurately predict the future behavior of myself let alone others, I can only say it is possible and your plan to abstain is exactly the right play.

2. I agree with Mr. Jones. It looks like you are hoping someone can give you an okay to smoke marijuana while on house arrest. Consider yourself having been lucky. I have also seen situations in which a person does not get violated on their first marijuana, since it does stay in your system so long. Don't risk it.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

3. Your PO can test you for drugs or alcohol at any time up to your release. As you say, lay off of any illegal substances. If you do not, and you get caught and violated, it will be the most expensive bowl or joint you ever smoked.

4. In addition to the correct responses provided by the other attorneys, I strongly recommended that you avoid posting incriminating statements online. While your name is not listed, the source would not be too difficult to trace, at the very least if your PO or other POs in your area see your posting they likely will come down hard on everyone.