Do these documents suffice for an attorney and will I be able to win the case?

Stratford, CT |

I am currently going through a workers comensation case and my employer is fighting it due to the fact that he states that I am an independent contractor and not an employee. i have only recently been going to the doctor because my employer did not offer health insurance. Prior to my accident at work in 2011 i was in a motor vehicle accident in 1980 and had a broken hip. My current injuries have nothing to do with my past accident and the doctor signed my medical papers about the injury in 2011. Is there something else that I should do to prove my injuries pertain to the accident in 2011 and not to the accident in 1980?

1. You really need to Discuss in detail with legal counsel and likely utilize their assistance. I could refer you to someone in your area if you like . Paul

Law offices of Paul Levin
    40 Russ Street
    Hartford, CT. 06106
    Tel. 860-560-7226
    Fax. 860-471-8400
    Www. Connecticutinjuryhelp. Com

2. Friend, you are actually missing the problem. The prior accident is completely irrelevant until you prove that you are an employee. If your Defendant claims that you are an Independent Contractor, you do not even get into the game until you prove Employment.

You need an Attorney for a completely different reason than you think.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.

3. The other answers are correct in that there is a lot more information needed to assess the odds of winning your case. Causation for an injury is proved primarily through opinions from the involved physicians. Whether the opinions you have from your doctor are sufficient is something an attorney could assess only after reviewing all of the applicable medical reports.
    The issue of whether you were an employee or an independent contractor is an issue that usually involves many factors. However, the most important factor in determining this status is who had the right to control how the work was performed? In other words, did someone hire you to accomplish a result and did not care how you achieved it, or did they control how you went about your work? This is usually a complicated issue.
    You should definitely consult an attorney.

4. Mr. Corson hit the nail on the head. He gave you the best possible advice. Good luck to you.