Do the government entity usually settle or go to trial for trip and fall clams in florida?

Asked about 2 years ago - Titusville, FL

no more details.

1. Michael Leonard Mastrogiovanni

Pro

10

1

Answered . In my experience most government entities will take a hard line stance to most issues. In addition, depending on exactly what occurred in your case, if it is a slip and fall the initial burden lies with you the plaintiff. I would recommend contacting a local injury attorney that handles these types of cases to discuss the details. It's always better to know your available options and make a informed decision, rather than wait and have time run out.

2. Marian Audrey Lindquist

9

Answered . In my experience, which is not vast compared to some other lawyers, they go to trial. I settled one after we picked a jury. All others were settled through pleadings, in the government's favor. They never got to go to trial. I have found the government to be an aggressive litigator/stubborn defendant.

3. David H. Burns

Pro

9

Answered . Each case is different and it will depend on the facts in a particular case, but most Florida governmental entities take a tough stand on personal injury cases in general and slip and fall cases in particular.

4. John Kevin Griffin

5

Answered . You need a lawyer. First you have to give government special notice that you intend to sue it. This must be done befote you file suit and at least 6 months before the stsatute of limitation runs out. The statute of limitations is 3 years for this lawsuit and time negins to run from the date of the accident. Hire a lawyer and give her a copy of my answer. Kevin Griffin., in Ft Pierce. 772 489 7776