Do the actions of my neighbor constitute neighbor harassment?

Asked over 2 years ago - Kirksville, MO

Our upstairs neighbors have been knocking on our door and running up to their apartment at 2 in the morning and recently there has been gum placed under our door handle.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Leonard Komen


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Missouri does not recognize a claim for "neighbor harassment."
    You do have two types of "nuisance" claims, a civil claim and a criminal claim.
    The cheapest to handle is the second. Speak with your local police about filing a complaint and they will no doubt speak with your neighbors. It that does not stop it, you will have to develop proof of who exactly is doing this before the police will go further.

    To file a civil nuisance complaint, you can use Small Claims Court without an attorney. See the Clerk of the Circuit Court in your area to go that route.

    This comment does not create an attorney-client relationship. The law and its application by the courts is... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now