Do single courses count towards the education/exp needed to get an H1B visa?

New York, NY |

I'm looking to work in the states and I've got an associate degree VISA along with 4 years of experience in the field. I have also studied extra courses here in Sweden for about 4 years and I wonder if you can count those courses in towards the education/experience needed to qualify for a the H1B VISA?

Yes, possibly. You will need to have all your foreign degree and " extra courses" and other educational credentials evaluated by a credentials evaluation company. Your petitioning company must submit the evaluation along with the H-1B petition.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

You will provide all the documents to a qualified evaluator and they can let you know if it equates to a U.S. Bachelor's degree.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Contact an educational evaluation company. There are many available. Make sure that they state that they are experienced with immigration evaluations.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.