Do restraining orders show up on background checks?

Oklahoma City, OK |

For jobs. I mean would it damage a person's ability to get a job. Any job.

On background checks I have reviewed when considering job applicants I have seen court restraining orders listed

This is not a criminal defense question.

No lawyer can tell you how thoroughly some other person / entity will go in conducting a background check.

That said, unfortunately, in the digital age your criminal record remains with you forever. To some degree or another this is true regardless of whether your ultimately seal or expunge a case. All arrests are matters of public record, and, even if removed from the public record they remain in private records This is one down-side to technology.

You might want to do your own background check to see what pops up. Forewarned is forearmed.

I hope that I have been helpful in answering your question.

First, second and third: No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A with Michael A. Haber, Esq. on Avvo. Fourth: Anything that you post on Avvo (or on similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, so, as this is an open forum (with no privilege attached), please be extra careful when considering what to post online (forewarned is forearmed.)

Plan on it if it is a formal order.