Do police give you tickets right away in a car accident?

Dallas, TX |

I got in a car accident yesterday i was coming straight and a car was on yield to turn right so my light turn yellow but i didnt stop cause my truck was not going to stop so the lady decided to turn and hit the breaks but couldnt stop.and she went and hit a school bus. The police didnt give me a ticket he just got a report. He didnt give me no ticket he just told me he was going to give me a account number to file my claim with my insurance but my insurance wont help me because i was driving some one else truck so what going to happend know how do i know if it was my fault or her??

1. If you get issued a ticket, retain a local traffic court lawyer to defend. If the other driver was negligent, and you were injured, contact a local personal injury lawyer to represent you.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.

2. I recommend that you seek the advise of an attorney in your area as soon as possible in case you are issued a ticket after the fact and to investigate all potential sources of insurance coverage.

I am a lawyer in Florida who helps victims of auto accidents. Any answers I write on Avvo.com are my opinion and not necessarily statements of fact. Readers should come to their own conclusions on topics discussed on this site. You should not rely on any information contained within this site when making legal decisions or handling legal matters. This site does not constitute legal advice. Always seek the advice of a lawyer before making any decision or taking any course of action on any legal matter. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information on our qualifications and experience.