Do photo radar tickets add points to your license/increase insurance rates?

Tucson, AZ |

If a photo radar ticket is paid, are points still added to your license? and will it be reported to the insurance company to raise the rate?

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Michele G Pearson

Michele G Pearson

You should check with your insurance carrier after you have confirmed the validity of the offense.

Your insurance rates are based on a variety of factors including where you live, your age, your gender, AND YOUR DRIVING RECORD. A ticket based on traffic camera coverage is still a moving violation. That being said, insurers are inconsistent in their practice of ordering MVRs on existing insureds. If the violation comes to the insurer's attention, it may or may not change your premium - depending on their rating practices.

Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Jackson is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon. The response herein does not constitute legal advice nor seek to establish attorney/client relationship, but rather offers educational insight. Please feel free to visit Mr. Jackson's website for additional information.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets