Do parents have to pay for a minor child burial expenses, minor has been emancipated, or has consented to receive birthcontrol.

Asked 6 months ago - Orlando, FL

just want to know parents rights when child consents to abortion, sti services, and other medical procedures. is a parent financially obligated for emancipated minors.

1. Heather Morcroft

2

1

Answered . Emancipation is a formal court process whereby the court emancipates the minor and relieves the parent of further responsibility. A minor child who is not emancipated still has the right to seek and consent to an abortion, seek to avoid having the parent notified, and obtain birth control and some other medical procedures without the knowledge or consent of a parent in certain circumstances or after a certain age. If the child is not emancipated but receives those services, the parent is still responsible for the minor.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  2. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

Answered . No, parents do not have to pay for the expenses of an emancipated minor.