Skip to main content

Do not see port of entry when changing addres online

Miami, FL |

when changing your address online but do not see the port of entry on the list should u put other? my friend enter in ft laurderdale but its not on the list

Attorney Answers 4


Isn't Fort Lauderdale a suburb of Miami? If you don't want to put Miami and FOrt L. Is not on the list, then select "other".

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

8 lawyers agree


Personally ... I don't trust the online system ... it still has too many bugs.

Print out a paper AR-11 and send it in via CERTIFIED MAIL.

Keep a copy and the mailing receipt for your records.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful

9 lawyers agree

1 comment

Kyndra L. Mulder

Kyndra L. Mulder


In my practice I follow the same advice as F. Capriotti.


Try Miami.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

19 lawyers agree


If your friend entered through the Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International Airport in Broward County the CBP code is 5210. If she/he entered at a different port of entry then is is probably "other" but let me know in a comment. Cheers CCA

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics