Do my wife need a lawyer to get SSN and fill her tax return without TRAVELING TO USA .

Asked over 1 year ago - Usa, Mobile, AL

Our family includes the following. Egyptian husband (married on 2009) Baby (born in Egypt 11-06-2010 American Wife US citizen born in USA-Ohio We decide after one year since we got married and get our baby here in Egypt to immigrate to the USA so we searched to get information to know the required documents we need to apply for green card at the US embassy in Egypt, then we found that the most forms they need to fill is easy except two things the SSN AND TAX RETURN ( she don't had one before so we went to the US embassy in 12-8-2012 to issue the social security number and after she filled the SSN form she asked the officer when can she receive the SSN ? he told her : After six months up to one year we still waiting and we call the embassy and told us maybe the SSN was lost ?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

4

8

Best Answer

Answered . Not necessarily but it certainly would make your life easier.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

3

Answered . I agree. You probably do need a CPA or Tax attorney.

3. Bruce Givner

Pro

2

1

Answered . Yes. It will help.