Skip to main content

Do my wife need a lawyer to get SSN and fill her tax return without TRAVELING TO USA .

Usa, Mobile, AL |

Our family includes the following. Egyptian husband (married on 2009) Baby (born in Egypt 11-06-2010 American Wife US citizen born in USA-Ohio We decide after one year since we got married and get our baby here in Egypt to immigrate to the USA so we searched to get information to know the required documents we need to apply for green card at the US embassy in Egypt, then we found that the most forms they need to fill is easy except two things the SSN AND TAX RETURN ( she don't had one before so we went to the US embassy in 12-8-2012 to issue the social security number and after she filled the SSN form she asked the officer when can she receive the SSN ? he told her : After six months up to one year we still waiting and we call the embassy and told us maybe the SSN was lost ?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Not necessarily but it certainly would make your life easier.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

  2. I agree. You probably do need a CPA or Tax attorney.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  3. Yes. It will help.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics