Do most I-751 joint filers and still married get interviews

Flagstaff, AZ |

my case is still under review

1. It is possible to file a joint petition as a married couple and still be scheduled for an interview. USCIS determines the need for an interview on a cases by case basis and it often depends on the documentation submitted with the petition that establishes an ongoing, bona fide marriage since the adjustment of status was granted.

2. I agree with my colleague. Some cases are scheduled for interviews, while others are approved without interviews. USCIS often takes a while before issuing decisions on I-751 Petitions, even on cases in which USCIS approves without interview.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

3. Whether an interview is schedule depends largely on the quality of the evidence submitted.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. Many times it depends on the type of evidence submit. Sometimes, even with a wealth of evidence, an interview will still be scheduled.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104