Do louisiana have common law my mother boyfriend has been living with her for six years me and my sibling need to know.

Lake Charles, LA |

he is retired cement finisher he has been separted for 46 years from his wife now she is deceased.

There is no common law marriage in Louisiana because we are a civil law state, not a common law state.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create, an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Louisiana. Responses are based solely on Louisiana law unless stated otherwise