Do Lien Waivers need to be notarized in the State of Colorado? California Lien Waivers to not require notarization.

Newport Beach, CA |

These are lien waivers for my subcontractors to sign releasing our sites.

In California, it does not need to be notorized. But, Waivers are similiar to a release, not filed and not a recorded document. If your referring to a Mechanic's Lien release, it must be notorized. I am assuming this is not a State Public Works project or subject to the Miller Act. I don't practice in Colorado, but this requirement would seem a bit unusual. There is a Construction Firm called Lorber Greenfield, etc. They have a good reputation in construciton. They probably have a lien dept including many offices including Colorado. You might look them up and give them a call. If your building homes in Colorado, you might have other questions as well. If you need any further, give us a call for additional referrals.

Tim Broussard, Esq
Kring & Chung, LLP
949-261-7700
tbroussard@kringandchung.com

This email does not create an Attorney-Client relationship.

You need to post this where Colorado attorneys might see it.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt