Do landlords have to paint and shampoo carpets between tenants, thereby making it illegal to charge a tenant for those services

Aurora, CO |

If so, what is the exact law reference number so that I may quote to past landlord?
THANK YOU

1. I am not familiar with your state code, but I have never seen such a requirement in NJ or NY.
    You might find my legal guide on selecting and hiring a lawyer helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on Is it Legal? Is it Illegal? helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on the understanding the different court systems helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on legal terms used in litigation helpful.

You might find my legal guide on commercial litigation helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on landlord/tenant regulations in general and in NJ helpful.
    You might find my legal guide on landlord/tenant litigation helpful.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information.

2. I am no licensed to practice in your state but I would be very surprised if such a law existed. What if a tenant only stayed in the apartment for a week and then moved because of a family emergency, a job relocation, etc.? Would you believe the landlord is still required to paint and shampoo carpets before a new tenant moved in? It seems unlikely that Colorado requires landlords to paint and shampoo carpets between tenants.