Do ineed the interlock device?

Severna Park, MD |

If I blow a 2.0 is it mandatory by law to have the interlock device? Are there any exceptions?

1. You would contact the drivers license bureau to see if they will require it and what the exceptions may be. Hope that's helpful

2. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor legal advice, and no one should rely on it as such. If you have a legal problem or question, you should consult with an attorney, who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. Responding to a post does not constitute legal representation. I am not your lawyer, until we make an agreement and I receive my fee. Beware that posts and replies are not confidential. Anyone can read them.

3. If you do not prevail at an MVA hearing and the .20 reading comes in, the judge only has two options, either a hard 90 day suspension, with no driving at all, or one year on the interlock. If you are found guilty court, the judge there could, but does not have to, order the interlock. A work vehicle can be exempted from the interlock at the MVA Hearing in some circumstances.

4. Over .15 and no restricted licence.

This is not to be considered legal advise and no attorney client has been established.

5. First thing to remember is that DUI has
    criminal implications as well as MAC implications. If you blow higher than .15 or refused to blow, your license suspension cannot be modified without enrolling in the interlock program. You should also be concerned with the criminal implications as well. You should consult with an attorney immediately. The sooner you take action the better the chance for a favorable outcome.

DUI topics