Do immigration make house calls?

Cincinnati, OH |

I was told by my immigrant boyfriend that uscis was going to give me a call to ask about our relationship status and our kids.

It is not common but possible that USCIS may come to your home to determine the circumstances of you filing for immigration benefits.

Yes they do make house calls - usually early in the morning.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

CIS absolutely can call and may conduct field investigation if there are indications of fraud or immigration violations.

We live seperately and just have kids together, he is trying to fill out documents in order to get work id

ICE loves "bed checks." But it works against them if you have a great relationship as they become your best witnesses.

Recommended articles about Immigration