Do I wait thirty or Ninety days to file the remaining part of my divorce?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Carlisle, PA

I am using a do it yourself divorce program and paid for it and verified with my county court house that they do except them however I did the notary part incorrectly I filed and paid for the acknowledgment part and got a docket number from the court house now do I wait ninety or thirty days to go to the notary again and then take and file the rest of the divorce papers with the court house????? Please help

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jason Kutulakis


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You get what you pay for indeed. Divorce actions are driven by procedural rules. You should reconsider and retain an attorney. You may miss a procedure and unnecessarily delay or harm your case.

  2. Jeanne B. Costopoulos


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It's 90 days from the date of service of the divorce complaint on the defendant.

  3. Desiree Ann Brougher

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I'm not sure what documents you had notarized. There are very specific rules that have to be followed in order for a divorce to be granted. You could find yourself starting over again if it was incorrect. If you're talking about the time between service of the complaint and execution of the affidavit, then it's 90 days.

    My response to this question is intended for informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as legal... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,921 answers this week

2,752 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,921 answers this week

2,752 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary