Do I still list a student loan in Schedule F?

I am filing for Bankruptcy. I understand that student loan debt is not dischargeable in a bankruptcy, but do I still list it as a nonpriority unsecured debt in Schedule F, or do I not list student loans at all in the bankruptcy since it cannot be discharged?

1. Yes, you have to list student loan debts and all debts whether they are to be discharged or not.

2. Schedule it on Schedule F.

You are supposed to list all assets and liabilities regardless of their classification or dischargeability.

The lender is entitled to notice of your bankruptcy and to protect its rights.

3. You should list the student loan debt on Schedule F.

Make sure you list an accurate address for the creditor. Many student loan creditors give unrequested, additional deferments when they are properly noticed of a bankruptcy filing.

This response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response is based on the limited facts provided. Given additional or different facts, the response would change. Attorney is licensed to practice law in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

4. List it on schedule F.

5. yes

Jonathan Leventhal, Esq.
    Leventhal Law Group, P.C.
    Tel.: 818-347-5800
    Fax: 818-936-0302

[cid:image003.jpg@01CD6B49.30045F70]

NO EX-PARTE NOTICE VIA VOICE MAIL OR EMAIL: I do not accept e-mail notice for ex parte Applications via voicemail or by email. You must comply with California Law and give notice to a person in my office during regular business hours.

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

Leventhal Law Group, P.C. is a Debt Relief Agency under federal law.

Note: The Leventhal Law Group, P.C. does not reprenet you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and a representative of the Leventhal Law Group, P.C. and all fees listed in the agreement have been paid.

6. Student loans are listed in Schedule F of the bankruptcy petition.

This information is made available by the lawyer or law firm publisher for educational and general information purposes only, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this information you understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the information publisher, Deadwiler Law Offices, Christina Deadwiler or the Law Offices of Christina Deadwiler. This information should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.