Do I report someone to immigration? I have had them arrested and charged with grand larceny, possession of stolen documents?

Asked over 1 year ago - Staten Island, NY

Is it true the longer I wait to report her, the closer she gets to getting her citizenship? She prayed on a very old lady and it is senior financial exploitation. There is no arrest charge for that and I want to insure she never does it to another person. She got her green card last April. Will the charge and the conviction come in time to prevent her from being a citizen? Will it hurt our case to have her reported?

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

5

Answered . You can if you feel it is necessary.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

2. John M. Cromwell

Pro

4

Answered . It's up to you and your conscience. You say "our case: if you mean the criminal case, it is not technically your case. You are not a party, simply a witness. If she is deported or detained in an immigration jail, the prosecution may not be able to go forward with the prosecution.

3. Howard A. Schwartz

4

Answered . You should repost this question in the immigration section.