Do I really need a Family Law Attorney? If so, Where can I find a Lower Income one?

Asked over 1 year ago - Winter Haven, FL

My Exes family (his stepmother and father)is constantly harassing me every time I go to pick up our son, or when he and I have a disagreement over the phone he passes it to his parents. If i refuse to answer them they call me about 10 times. He doesn't have his own phone or stable home so I'm presently stuck dealing with them. The only time he cares to see our son is when they ask him to bring him. Apparently their harassment isn't enough for an injunction so what can I do? He pays child support occasionally and refuses to help with any medical or day care expenses. I cant afford a lawyer at the moment.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

4

9

Answered . I am sorry that you are going through this, one idea would be for you to file a contempt or a like kind action in your state for his behavior and for not paying support timely, and ask for costs and attny fees, sometimes attny's will take that case knowing they will get paid that way. take care.

2. Karen Tallent Munzer

Pro

4

1

Answered . Contact your county legal aid and see if they will take your case or have a pro bono attorney willing to assist. You can also contact the Department of Revenue support enforcement division, since you are not receiving support or medical costs. In addition, your local county bar association may have a low cost legal panel referral system.

3. James W Chandler

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, I would hire a family attorney to file a motion for contempt and enforcement.