DO I QUALIFY FOR THE DREAM ACT? I MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS, BUT BEEN LIVING IN MEXICO FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS.

Carbondale, CO |

I GREW UP IN THE STATES FROM 9 YEARS OLD TILL 22 YEARS OLD. I WAS TOLD THAT IF I LEFT THE STATES VOLUNTARILY I COULD APPLY FOR A VISA AND THEN EVENTUALLY PERMANENT RESIDENCE. HOW EVER, WHEN I WENT TO MY VISA APPOINTMENT I WAS DENIED MY VISA, AND CANNOT APPLY FOR ONE TILL OCTOBER 27TH 2020.

There is no DREAM ACT. You do not qualify for DACA.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

If you had remained in the US and not returned to Mexico, I believe that you would have qualified for the Dream Act. I would refer you to Christine Swenson in Littleton, CO, who can be found here on Avvo under Find a Lawyer for her to give you her opinion as well as options. Good luck.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

You do not qualify for DACA since you do not meet the requirements, including presence in the U.S. for the requisite period of time.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

You are not eligible for DACA because one of the requirements is that you must have been physically present in the US on June 15, 2012, and at the time you file the application.

I agree with my colleagues.

800-688-7892, www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

The Dream Act has never been enacted into law, but you are probably asking about DACA. No, you are not eligible for DACA if you are outside the US.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.