DO I QUALIFY FOR THE DREAM ACT? I MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS, BUT BEEN LIVING IN MEXICO FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS.

Asked over 1 year ago - Carbondale, CO

I GREW UP IN THE STATES FROM 9 YEARS OLD TILL 22 YEARS OLD. I WAS TOLD THAT IF I LEFT THE STATES VOLUNTARILY I COULD APPLY FOR A VISA AND THEN EVENTUALLY PERMANENT RESIDENCE. HOW EVER, WHEN I WENT TO MY VISA APPOINTMENT I WAS DENIED MY VISA, AND CANNOT APPLY FOR ONE TILL OCTOBER 27TH 2020.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . There is no DREAM ACT. You do not qualify for DACA.

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

6

Answered . If you had remained in the US and not returned to Mexico, I believe that you would have qualified for the Dream Act. I would refer you to Christine Swenson in Littleton, CO, who can be found here on Avvo under Find a Lawyer for her to give you her opinion as well as options. Good luck.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

6

Answered . You do not qualify for DACA since you do not meet the requirements, including presence in the U.S. for the requisite period of time.

4. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Pro

6

Answered . You are not eligible for DACA because one of the requirements is that you must have been physically present in the US on June 15, 2012, and at the time you file the application.

5. Anu Gupta

Pro

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

6. Stephen D. Berman

4

Answered . The Dream Act has never been enacted into law, but you are probably asking about DACA. No, you are not eligible for DACA if you are outside the US.