Do i qualify for dream act or deferred action?

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

Hi there, can someone please help me :( i came to the usa when i was 14 i almost have all requirements but the only thing i dont have is my high school diploma and its because i didnt finish high school because my family was having money problems so i started working now im 24 i have lived here for about 10 years, im planning to go back to school and get a GED but i dont know how long that gonna take me to get my GED, my question is im gona be able to apply even if i dont have my GED? Do i qualify? Please help me email my please jason_richard54@yahoo.com thank you i appreciat it

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Only if you meet the requirements.

1. Obama's action is a policy and not a law.

2. USCIS has yet to announce how the application process will be carried on.

3. I will be updating http://engnishimura.com/faqs/deferred-action-yo... as details become available.

4. Obama's policy does not provide immigration status. It only prevents qualifying individuals from being deported and may provide them with a work permit.

2. Hassan Minhaj Ahmad

1

1

Answered . You still may have to go back and get your GED; it will make it much easier under this new deferred action memo. But technically, it still may be possible to file without it, we simply don't know because the regulations have not yet come out (it will take another 2 months).

In the meantime, DO NOT BE IMPATIENT - do it the RIGHT way, talk to a lawyer so the lawyer can figure out what the best option for you, in your particular case, should be.

If you file prematurely, and you don't qualify, all you're doing is telling immigration where you live.