Do I qualify for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals?

Asked about 2 years ago - Morristown, TN

I was brought to the USA on July 18, 2007 when I was 14 years old. I have been in this country since then. I graduated from high school and I got my High School Diploma. Please, I need to know if I should apply.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Karen-Lee Pollak

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Unfortunately yoy would have had to have been here for 5 years as of june 15 2012

  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Please talk to your parents and check your arrival records again. To qualify for DACA you must have been in the country continuously, for at least 5 years.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. Kira Gagarin

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . To qualify for DACA you must have entered the United States before June 15th 2007 (not just be in the country for 5 years continuously). Therefore, you do not qualify for this program at this time. Its hard to hear but with all these things there is a cut off date/age and whatever it is there will be some people that ALMOST make it. Hopefully, when the DREAM act does come around you will meet the requirements so just keep going in the right direction and we all hope the laws will accommodate you. Again, if you came in after June 15, 2007 you do not qualify for DACA. Good Luck.

    Massachusetts Immigration Attorney

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,451 answers this week

3,007 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,451 answers this week

3,007 attorneys answering