Do I qualify for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals?

Asked about 1 year ago - Brewster, NY

i came to USA in 2003 i was 9 years old but in February 2008 i went out of the country for 6 months can i still Qualify for the deferred action? can you please let me know?
thank you!!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Most likely not, but meet with a competent immigration attorney in private.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Danny Garmo

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is lot more information i need to know. Here is a general guideline on DACA.
    1) Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
    2) Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
    3) Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
    4) Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
    5) Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
    6) Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
    7) Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

    Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . A lot depends on what you did during those 6 months.

    Meet with an attorney for a private consultation.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,017 answers this week

2,770 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,017 answers this week

2,770 attorneys answering