Do I qualify for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals?

Brewster, NY |

i came to USA in 2003 i was 9 years old but in February 2008 i went out of the country for 6 months can i still Qualify for the deferred action? can you please let me know?
thank you!!

Most likely not, but meet with a competent immigration attorney in private.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

thank you

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

You are very welcome! I hope our answers were Helpful.

There is lot more information i need to know. Here is a general guideline on DACA.
1) Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
2) Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
3) Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
4) Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
5) Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
6) Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
7) Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
HIRE A IMMIGRATION LAWYER TO HELP YOU.

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.

I came here when I was 9 years old I finish my high school here also but when I was 14 years old I went back to my country for 6 months I left February 2008 and I came back August 2008

Now am 20 years!!

A lot depends on what you did during those 6 months.

Meet with an attorney for a private consultation.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

My grandmother was sick

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Not wanting to discount the importance of you seeing your grandmother. But, 6 months is a long time to spend, unless you are a doctor or nurse. Didn't she have any children, or other grandchildren that could have helped out? I think it best to meet with an immigration lawyer. Tell him/her all of the things you did while you were out of the US ... especially whether or not you attended school

Education law topics