Do I qualify for an annulment in California?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Pomona, CA

I got married 3 weeks ago. It was an elopement and we applied for a confidential marriage license that requires that we are living together at the time of marriage. However we were not living together at the time of marriage and we are still not living together, Also, he lied to me that he was an American citizen and I just found out that he isn't and he might just be using me for a green card. He is willing to apply for the annulment with me.

1. Michael Charles Schwerin

2

Answered . There is no joint annulment. You can file for an annulment based on fraud and serve him with those papers. He may file a response or not, if he chooses to do so. You should have a consultation with an experienced family law attorney to make sure you do it correctly.

2. Mitchell Todd Ehrlich

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the previous answer particuarly that there is not a joint annulment process. However, your husband could simply agree not to contest the annulment. Good luck,