DO I QUALIFY FOR AN U VISA after false charges and imprisonment ????

Asked 6 months ago - Fairfax, VA

An ex-girlfriend tried to get an U visa through false charges , we split in september 2010 and she started to put charges in August 2011, ( when she said I damaged her computer and cell in January 2011) , the result was "Nole Prosequi" then she went with more charges in October 2011(she said assault and battery in March 2011) results "No Guilty" then in November 2011 she said again assault in battery that she said happened in January 2011, the result was "Nole Prosequi" and the judge called the attention to the prosecutors saying that how is this possible that they were working in a case obviously false .
But the consequences are that immigration is trying under removal proceedings to get me out of this country.

1. Peter Anthony Jabaly

Pro

1

Answered . I believe you're trying to ask an immigration. Specifically, whether you are entitled to a U visa because of the malicious prosecution by an ex-girlfriend. Getting the question correctly framed is almost as important as the answer. Speak privately with an immigration attorney in your area for a definitive answer.

2. Douglas Holbrook

Answered . While I think it is safe to say that the false charges that resulted findings of not guilty and Nole Prosequi should not interfere with your qualification for a U visa, you need to address these issues with an immigration attorney.