Do I potentially have a case against the mirena company?

Wasilla, AK |

I had the mirena issued to me in dec. of 2010. During an outting with my family i experienced a sharp pain that surged through my lower back and abdomen. For over a week i was in constant pain and unable to move upright for long periods of time. I jokingly took a pregnancy test and the test shockingly came back positive. I finally went to the emergency room and it was confirmed i was indeed pregnant and 5 weeks at that. but the pain i felt that day was actually the fluid rupturing from my "ectopic" pregnancy. I had surgery a few hours later to remove the growing fetus and unfortunetly had partial removal of my left tube aswell.

It seems difficult though You could call a medical malpractice attorney in your State to confirm this.

You should consult an attorney in your State at once. This response does not constitute legal advise outside the State Of Michigan and is not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship with our offices. It is for informational use only of the general laws in the State of Michigan, only. To retain our offices, you need to sign a contingency contract with us. We do offer free consultations and we can refer clients to lawyers in your State if you call us. Visit our webpage and tell us what you think. www.schnitzerlaw.net

The Mirena product insert lists ectopic pregnancies as a potential risk factor, so I would say that you do not have grounds for a lawsuit against the manufacturer.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.