Do I need transcripts for H1B application or is a degree certificate good? I did my bachelors degree in India.

Irving, TX |

I am doing a job in the USA on OPT. I didn't get my masters degree yet. So, I will be applying based on my bachelor's. Can I also attach my "Letter of Degree completion" with the application? (I will get my masters degree in either in May or June.)

Its probably better to attach transcripts, BUT you can also send it as is and in the meantime order your transcripts. Then if USCIS asks for them through a RFE-Request for Additional Evidence, you have them ready.

Thank you!

Transcripts are always the best way to go.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

You will need to provide your diploma, transcripts, and an educational evaluation will be required towards the foreign degree.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.