Do i need tp pay rent to my landlord who has not payed the mortgage since 2009 what can i do to protect myself .who can help me

Asked almost 2 years ago - 10310

do i need tp pay rent to my landlord who has not payed the mortgage since 2009 what can i do to protect myself .who can help me

1. Yefim Rubinov

2

Answered . Your obligation to the landlord does not end simply b/c the landlord fails to pay his or her mortgage obligation.

2. Steven Warren Smollens

1

Answered . Dear who can help me?

You did not offer how you know the landlord is delinquent in mortgage payments.

The landlord does not lose the right to collect rent until a court intervenes in the landlord and tenant relation, and the tenant is directed by a court order to pay the rent to another.

The practical world suggests that a landlord already in dire straights will not have the mind or energy to go after a rent defaulting tenant.

Read more about your tenant rights at:

http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/8jd/erie/surroga...