Do i need tp pay rent to my landlord who has not payed the mortgage since 2009 what can i do to protect myself .who can help me

10310 |

do i need tp pay rent to my landlord who has not payed the mortgage since 2009 what can i do to protect myself .who can help me

1. Dear who can help me?

You did not offer how you know the landlord is delinquent in mortgage payments.

The landlord does not lose the right to collect rent until a court intervenes in the landlord and tenant relation, and the tenant is directed by a court order to pay the rent to another.

The practical world suggests that a landlord already in dire straights will not have the mind or energy to go after a rent defaulting tenant.

Read more about your tenant rights at:

http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/8jd/erie/surrogates/index.shtml

The answer provided to you is in the nature of general information. The general proposition being that you should try to avoid a bad outcome if you can.

2. Your obligation to the landlord does not end simply b/c the landlord fails to pay his or her mortgage obligation.

Landlord-tenant topics