Do I need to withdraw my application for citizenship and resubmit it since my interview was canceled and I was never rescheduled

Asked over 1 year ago - Washington, DC

I was scheduled for an interview for citizenship and 5 minutes before the interview an officer said that it was canceled. From October 9th, 2012 to this day (March 18th, 2013) I wasn't rescheduled for an interview. The officer said that it had nothing to do with my case. When I made an appointment to the immigration local office to inquire about the status of the interview, they said that more background check needed to be done on my case ... after I was told that it had nothing to do with my case.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . You need to schedule an inforpass and inquire.

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . If the holdup is indeed a background check, refiling is not going to solve the issue.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . Follow up with an InfoPass. If that does not work, hire an attorney to look into it.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now