Skip to main content

Do i need to update the H1-B Petition/LCA?

Austin, TX |

Please let me know the procedure that needs to be followed if the end client for a H1-B worker is changed. (Employer and Client Work location city and county are same)

Attorney Answers 3


Procedure: talking to the immigration attorney the employer engaged for your H1B petition; asking them to advise you and answer your questions.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

8 lawyers agree


Why are you asking this question of us?

If you are the employee (which I assume is a job-shop client/vendor relationship) you need to talk directly to the immigration lawyer.

Do not waste time talking to non-attorneys in HR.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Your employer needs to handle this matter through their immigration attorney. Ask your employer if they already contacted their lawyer about this issue.

Viera Buzgova (512) 476-7163. The information above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advice specific to your case.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics