Do i need to take my USC husband with me to the Biometric fingerprinting appointment at Uscis center?

San Antonio, TX |

I have an appointment next week and i have been out of status for years now, is it safe to go alone to get the fingerprinting thing done, or should i have my husband take a day off to be with me ? does this thing have anything to do with been illegal for a while

You can safely go to your biometrics appointment on your own, without needing your husband.

No one there cares if you are or were "illegal" and or for how long.. They are there for only one thing: take your pictures and fingerprints to submit them to the FBI to check whether or not you have a criminal history. That's all.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. You can go to the biometric alone. Make sure you bring your ID and the biometric appointment letter. During the appointment, the service will take a picture of you. They will also check your fingerprint.
    This has nothing to do with your "illegal" stay. The service will check your criminal history.

3. My colleagues are correct. You can go by yourself without any problems.

Guerra Saenz, PL--Immigration Attorneys (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

4. Just about everyone who goes to biometrics is illegal anyway. They don't care about that at the bio place