Do I need to sue my ex-girlfriend for domestic violence? And get the custody of my 2 daughters I had with her?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

The women that I was living with for three years, threw me out with all my cloths to the street. I was been mistreat and threat by her family, when she moved them in to the house. The woman and I had two daughters. I found out after she threw me out, she moved with her lover. She seldom let me see my daughters
its been several months now. She told me do not come ever or will sue me, so that I can loose the custody. I am 25 years old I came illegal to this country, now I'm about to loose my daughters and will probably be deported or send to jell, she threaded me to call 911 and tell them I will rapture my daughters. She is a USA citizen..I am afraid that I will never see my daughters again. Please Help me!

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

4

9

Answered . I am sorry that you are going through this. Attorney Bliven gave you an outstanding answer, please file for custody asap and work with a good local attny. take care and I hope that thigns work out.

2. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

4

Best Answer

Answered . First, you must immediately file for custody if you truely want your daughters to live with you instead of with her. The longer you wait, the more likely it will be that the Judge will wonder why you didn't file sooner. Second, as to whether you should file for an order of protection, her merely threatening to report you to USCIS is not grounds to file for same. If there are other reasons, you should review them with an attorney. Finally, you always have a risk of deportation. Whether that increases with her "reporting you" is something you should review with an immigration lawyer. In any event, I encourage you to schedule a free follow-up consultation appointment with a Bronx Co. Child Custody lawyer.

* If you found my answer to be helpful, or the "best answer," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

1

Answered . File for custody and visitation in family court immediately. They will fill out the paperwork for free. Consult with an experienced Bronx Family law attorney to assist you.

4. Deborah G. Fiss

Answered . I believe your case requires a consultation with an attorney before you file as you says few months have passed since you separated from your girlfriend and you want to request appropriate relief from the Court as, if you do not have appropriate accommodations for the children, custody may not be an option. Ten cuidado!