Do I need to submit the i-864 after i paid the AOS fee?

Jacksonville, FL |
Filed under: Immigration

Or will the NVC notify me when to do that?

When you pay the aos fee you are provided with an opportunity to download a cover sheet, which you are to put on top of the forms and documents you're supposed to submit. Nvc should have provided you with instructions on what year forms an documents are. This information is also available on the Internet: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3197.html.

If you're having problems with this process, perhaps you should consider retaining counsel.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

I paid the AOS fee online,and didnt see that cover sheet. My Mom just finish her DS-3032 form(change of address), It may take a week to be received by the NVC because its coming from Philippines.

Do they need to receive the DS-3032 first,and probably they will send or notify me about the I-864? And does my cosponsors need to fill up those forms too?

Veronica Tunitsky

Veronica Tunitsky

Who are 'they'? If you're the petitioner, you should have received the designation of agent documentation first, before paying the fee. Yes, your joint sponsors have to provide you their own forms and documents for submission. If you're having problems with this step, perhaps you should consider retaining counsel.

I meant the NVC for they

The NVC provides you with an instruction sheet after payment of the IV fee and the Affidavit of Support Fee. If you don't have that, then get back in contact with the NVC.

Read your correspondence carefully & go to their website ... you have probably already been instructed to submit the form.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.