Do I need to submit several copies of the same document for each separate form when filing for AOS?

Asked over 1 year ago - Westport, CT

I am asking about copies of birth certificate, copies of passport pages, etc., Do I need to attach it to each respective form when required. Or is one copy of each required document enough for all the forms to prove eligibility.

Thank you.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Best Answer

Answered . When filed concurrently, one copy is sufficient.

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

Answered . I would prepare a full submission for each application. It's not that hard and saves you a lot of trouble if the applications for some reason will be separated...

3. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

1

Answered . Your question would depend on whether you mean several different forms within the same packet, or several different I-485s for different people. If within same packet, then you can have one copy in the entire form with forms at the front and documentation toward the back with a clearly labelled table of exhibits. If you are talking about different I-485s then each I-485 (even if relating to derivatives of the same principal) would need their own packet and copies of relevant documents. Consult an excellent immigration attorney before filing any packets with USCIS.