Do I need to submit several copies of the same document for each separate form when filing for AOS?

Westport, CT |
Filed under: Immigration

I am asking about copies of birth certificate, copies of passport pages, etc., Do I need to attach it to each respective form when required. Or is one copy of each required document enough for all the forms to prove eligibility.

Thank you.

When filed concurrently, one copy is sufficient.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Your question would depend on whether you mean several different forms within the same packet, or several different I-485s for different people. If within same packet, then you can have one copy in the entire form with forms at the front and documentation toward the back with a clearly labelled table of exhibits. If you are talking about different I-485s then each I-485 (even if relating to derivatives of the same principal) would need their own packet and copies of relevant documents. Consult an excellent immigration attorney before filing any packets with USCIS.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

I would prepare a full submission for each application. It's not that hard and saves you a lot of trouble if the applications for some reason will be separated...

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

Recommended articles about Immigration