Do i need to submit a police &/or a military report to the USCIS when applying for my green card?

Asked about 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

i am currently residing in the states and about to submit all the relevant forms as it relates to me getting my green card. I am now wondering if it is necessary for me to submit a a police and a military record to the USCIS from my country of birth. I have served in the military for a few years before i came to the states. As for the police record ; i don't have one. Please advise me on this matter. Thanks in advance !

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Best Answer

Answered . No. Only if USCIS specifically requests them.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . No. When applying for adjustment of status in the US you do NOT need to submit anything else than a copy of your birth certificate and translation, marriage certificate and only if you have been arrested before, copy of your case's final disposition.

3. Husna F. Alikhan

1

1

Answered . Are you applying for adjustment of status? If so, unless you have a criminal record, you do not need to provide a police report. However, you may be required to provide the military report having served in the military.